When you’re trying to sell your home, you may feel like your task list is ridiculously long. Before you start any major projects, you need to know if they will be worth it in the end. Replacing old windows is usually a good idea. If you have old or damaged windows, replacing them can significantly increase your house’s value. For window installation or repair in Nebraska, call Nelson Contracting at (402) 464-2418.
Should I Repair or Replace My Windows?
When you are looking into remodeling, you want to consider your goals. If a repair could get you the same results as a replacement, then you can take whichever route is more affordable. Many homeowners decide to replace their windows if:
- They are trying to update the style of an old home
- They want to improve the home’s energy efficiency
- The windows have been severely damaged
The best way to find out if you should replace your windows is to call a window installation contractor. They can assess your home and your needs to find the best option for you. You can also get a professional to determine what aspects of your home will matter most to potential buyers.
What Are the Benefits of New Windows?
There are plenty of benefits to having new windows. Obviously, windows greatly impact a house’s appearance. They can make the exterior of your home immediately change from old to modern. Although appearance isn’t a monetary benefit for you, it could be the deciding factor for a buyer.
Other benefits include:
- Decreased energy bills. Newer windows keep cool air inside and block UV rays from heating your home. Your old, not energy-efficient windows may be costing you money.
- Higher offers for your home. Some buyers may see old or damaged windows and try to lower the asking price of the home. Prospective buyers can’t lowball you if you’ve just had the windows replaced.
- Ability to highlight other aspects of the property. Not only do windows look good on the outside, but they can help your home look better inside. Bigger windows increase your home’s natural sunlight. If you have a beautiful landscape, getting a bigger window will also improve the view.
Windows can make or break a sale. Many buyers these days are looking for natural light and energy-efficient houses. If you’re trying to make home improvements, it can be worth it to put windows on the list.
How Much Will New Windows Cost?
The answer to this question depends on how many windows you need, their size, and the type. You should also add on the cost of labor per window. You can choose from many different materials for windows, including:
Though you have many choices for windows, you don’t always want to go with the cheapest option. Installing cheap windows could create an opposite effect and make your home less valuable.
The good news is that windows tend to have a high return. Typically, you can increase the asking price of your home by about 70% of the cost of the replacement. If you are not selling right away, you can also make some of your money back with the lower energy bills.
Call Nelson Contracting at (402) 464-2418 today for more information on window installation.