GAF TruSlate Roofing Solutions
Slate roofing is considered perhaps one of the world’s most beautiful roofing materials. It has been used in some of the most famous and breathtaking architectural structures for centuries.
You may believe that a slate roof is out of reach for you and your home, but here at Nelson Contracting LLC, we are happy to inform you that it is possible.
What Are Slate Roofs?
Slate roofs are made from slate that is quarried and then split by a slater into the desired size and shape for roof tiling.
Because of the nature of slate, it has two lines of breakability along the grain and along the cleavage, which allow it to be split into very thin sheets. A slater can take these sheets and form roofing tiles that can be split easily and customized while maintaining their beautiful, natural appearance and flat, even shape.
Nowadays, you can also find excellent slate roofing alternatives made from recycled plastics and other sustainable materials.
Benefits of Slate Roofing
Slate roofing solutions provide numerous benefits:
- They are long lasting – they can last up to 150 years or more when properly installed and require relatively little maintenance. Some slate roofs outlast the structures of the building!
- Slate is a high-quality, durable, and water-proof material. It provides excellent protection against mother nature’s harshest elements.
- Slate provides a beautiful, elegant and unique look that has been famous for centuries.
- Slate roofing materials come in a wide variety of sizes, thicknesses, and color options.
- Slate roofing is fire resistant.
- Slate roofs are kinder to the environment, since slate roofs need replacement far less frequently, subsequently producing less waste.
Despite their innumerable benefits, however, many homeowners never fulfill their dream of owning a slate roof. This is due to the high cost of slate roofs. The cost of the materials and the tricky installation is usually beyond the grasp of the average property owner.
GAF has changed this fact, however, with their innovative, exclusive GAF TruSlate roofing solution.
What Is GAF TruSlate?
TruSlate is GAF’s innovative, 21st century answer to the problem of the cost of traditional slate roofing.
GAF realized that the traditional slate roof wastes a great deal of slate, since half of each slate tile is tucked up underneath the piece above it. This is typically to prevent the possibility of water seeping into the roof.
But GAF discovered a way to install a high-tech waterproofing material beneath the slate tiles to prevent the risk of water and cut-down the amount of slate needed to cover the roof by 50%.
Their TruSlate roofing system uses authentic, S1-grade, hand-split and quarried slate. It is not a synthetic look-alike. Furthermore, they get their slate only from North America’s quarries.
Benefits of GAF TruSlate Roofing
Still not convinced that TruSlate is the way you want to go? Consider these wonderful benefits to GAF and their innovative roofing solution:
- Why GAF? GAF has been around for over a hundred years, leading the way in quality roofing solutions and innovations. They have earned numerous awards and are the top choice among contractors and home owners alike. You can’t go wrong with any GAF roofing product or system.
- Why TruSlate? There are several reasons why GAF’s slate roofing solutions outrank traditional slate roofs.
- More Affordable System: Because GAF’s TruSlate system requires significantly less slate than the traditional method, the costs are much closer to their cheaper, imitation slate roof counterparts.
- More Affordable Install: Traditional slate installation usually requires costly structural modifications, but the TruSlate system does not. Easier installation means a significantly reduced cost of installing a slate roof.
- It’s the Real Deal: Though the installation method is not traditional, the material absolutely is. When you go with GAF’s TruSlate system, you will be getting the very best slate roof tiles.
- Improves Home Value: This should be an obvious benefit since your home will have an authentic, durable, beautiful slate roof, a highly coveted characteristic.
Nelson Contracting is a proud GAF-certified Master Elite Contractor, and we are excited to offer this phenomenal slate roofing solution to our customers.
Arrange Your Free Inspection & Estimate Today
If you are ready to see your dreams of a gorgeous slate roof come true, give Nelson Roofing a call today for your free roof inspection and estimate. We proudly service the Lincoln, Nebraska and surrounding areas within 50 miles.